BCR provide a range of surveys, all conducted in accordance with RICS and RPSA requirements.
Client feedback from BCR clients:
‘Just coming back to you on this excellent survey. I have forwarded to my solicitor who is similarly impressed, and stated `”your surveyor has done a good bit of my job for me!”… …and thanks once again for an excellent report – really put my mind at ease, and you’re right – it does provide a road map on how to look after the property that will be relevant for a good few years.’
‘Just wanted to follow up to say thank you again! Having read through the report in more detail (more than once :)) this weekend it is very clear and incredibly thorough; as well as highlighting the issues you’ve taught us both a lot about the proper care of a home!’
‘We’ve been through the report thoroughly this week and don’t think we have any questions as you have explained everything so well!’
‘I just wanted to thank you for all your help and advice… all the photos in the report were very helpful.’
BCR Accompanied Inspections
- A Property Health Check for buyers and sellers to include a site meeting with the surveyor and a verbal overview on condition and viability. Further options include:
- BCR 360° Imaging
- price guidance
Where a site meeting is not required or is not possible an online video call or telephone discussion can still be provided.
BCR provide a range of surveys, all conducted in accordance with RICS requirements: Helping you choose the right survey
Our survey reports can be provided in the following formats: RICS Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 Home Surveys, and RPSA Level 2 Home Buyer Surveys and RPSA Level 3 Building Surveys.
Level 1 Survey
This report format is recommended when buying conventional houses or bungalows constructed from common building materials, and which appear to be in reasonable condition.
Level 2 Survey
Your Level 2 Survey offers a comprehensive and easy to follow report about the condition of the property from the top of the roof to the bottom of the drains. Reports are laid out clearly and simply, using photographs to help explain points raised
Level 3 Survey
A Level 3 Survey includes a thorough inspection and detailed report of a wider range of issues, a description of visible defects and potential problems caused by hidden flaws, an outline of repair options and the likely consequences of taking no action, and guidance for legal advisers, as well as details of serious risks and dangerous conditions.
Building Conservation Reviews
For pre-1919 & Historic Buildings to include BCR 360° Imaging – guided by the most important of all standards: BS 7913 Guide to the conservation of historic buildings. Properties assessed include traditional timber framed buildings, Georgian & Regency townhouses, Victorian villas, Edwardian terraced houses and everything in-between; listed or without designation. Advice given on energy efficiency upgrades, damp prevention, maintenance and repair.
Jeremy Richardson – AssocRICS, RICS Registered Valuer, BA Hons, MRPSA, DRSV – BCR Surveyors
Courses & Awards
- RICS Registered Valuer
- Diploma in Residential Surveying & Valuation
- BA (Hons) History & Landscape Archaeology
- Understanding Building Conservation – endorsed by English Heritage
- Project Management and Supervision: Historic and Traditional Buildings
- Energy Efficiency Measures for Older and Traditional Buildings
- Repair and Maintenance of Traditional (pre-1919) Buildings
- Understanding Heritage Impact Assessments
- Member of the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings
- Affiliate Member of the Institute of Historic Building Conservation
- Associate Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (AssocRICS)
- Member of the Residential Property Surveyors Association
- Member of the Weald and Downland Museum
- Your Surveyor
- Your Independent Property Adviser
- Bespoke Private Client Guidance – for buyers and sellers
- 40 years property market experience