BCR Residential Property Market Specialist, Jeremy Richardson, has been providing advice on property market values for around 40 years. Jeremy is a RICS Registered Valuer and we carry out our market appraisals and assessments of property market value using RICS protocols.
BCR Market Appraisals for buyers and sellers are completely independent. We are not estate agents so we have no vested interest in trying to secure your instructions to sell or to persuade you to purchase.
The lender’s valuation survey is for their own purposes to confirm that the property being purchased or remortgaged represents a viable security for their loan. Unlike a BCR Market Appraisal, it provides little or no supporting information or advice and there is usually no opportunity for a follow up call with the valuer to discuss the findings.
We do not provide valuations for lenders or for lending purposes. Instead, we prefer to provide our advice on property market values to buyers and sellers to include in depth, clearly explained feedback on our assessment. We can also provide advice on how and when to buy and sell, negotiation strategies, choosing an agent, instructing solicitors and conveyancers, home improvements, refurbishments and extensions, choosing architects and navigating the planning process.
Experience with a ‘listening ear‘
In a long career in property, we have inspected a diverse range of properties, negotiating and managing thousands of property transactions, discovering very early on that what matters above all else is communicating effectively with the people involved. Property transactions, extensions, refurbishments and construction projects are all potentially stressful. They also often coincide with personal life events to create a challenging cocktail of pressure points. Understanding this and providing a caring and listening response is a fundamental cornerstone that underpins the way we work at BCR.
Building relationships that last
Communication with our clients is always professional, courteous and friendly. Our aim at BCR is to develop relationships that last. We are here to help you now and in the future.
Help for Buyers and Sellers
- Consultation by phone, video meeting or in person – you choose
- How Open House viewings work
- Competitive bidding explained
- How to maximize your chances of a successful move
- Why your property may not be selling
- Liaison with Estate Agents
- Liaison with Solicitors And Legal Advisers
- Liaison with Independent Financial Advisers
- Liaison with Architects
Guidance on extending property
- Advice by phone, video meeting or in person – you choose
- Adding value, enhancing saleability, improvements that benefit you
- Making the best use of potential
- Identifying the most practical layout of accommodation
- Guidance on planning, architects and builders
Development Site Appraisal
Guidance on planning, option agreements, marketing and disposal strategies, appointing solicitors, architects and builders.
- Your Surveyor
- Your Independent Property Adviser
- Bespoke Private Client Guidance – for buyers and sellers
- Over 35 years property marketing experience
Jeremy Richardson – AssocRICS, RICS Registered Valuer, BA Hons, MRPSA, DRSV – BCR Surveyors