What is a Level 1 Survey?
A Level 1 report focuses purely on the condition of the property by rating the different parts of the building and flagging up any areas that need attention. It is a matter-of-fact assessment of the condition and does not provide any advice.
This report format is recommended when buying conventional houses or bungalows constructed from common building materials, and which appear to be in reasonable condition.
What does a Level 1 Survey Cover?
• a physical inspection of the property
• a description of each part or element so that it can be identified
• a clear and concise assessment of each part or element
• a description of the condition of the part or element
• helps you gain an objective view of the condition of the property
BCR provide a range of surveys, all conducted in accordance with RICS requirements: Helping you choose the right survey
Our survey reports can be provided in the following formats: RICS Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 Home Surveys, and RPSA Level 2 Home Buyer Surveys and RPSA Level 3 Building Surveys.
BCR provide a range of surveys, all conducted in accordance with RICS and RPSA requirements.
Client feedback from BCR clients:
‘Just coming back to you on this excellent survey. I have forwarded to my solicitor who is similarly impressed, and stated `”your surveyor has done a good bit of my job for me!”… …and thanks once again for an excellent report – really put my mind at ease, and you’re right – it does provide a road map on how to look after the property that will be relevant for a good few years.’
‘We’ve been through the report thoroughly this week and don’t think we have any questions as you have explained everything so well!’
‘I just wanted to thank you for all your help and advice… all the photos in the report were very helpful.’
Jeremy Richardson – AssocRICS, RICS Registered Valuer, BA Hons, MRPSA, DRSV – BCR Surveyors
Courses & Awards
- RICS Registered Valuer
- Diploma in Residential Surveying & Valuation
- BA (Hons) History & Landscape Archaeology
- Understanding Building Conservation – endorsed by English Heritage
- Project Management and Supervision: Historic and Traditional Buildings
- Energy Efficiency Measures for Older and Traditional Buildings
- Repair and Maintenance of Traditional (pre-1919) Buildings
- Understanding Heritage Impact Assessments
- Member of the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings
- Affiliate Member of the Institute of Historic Building Conservation
- Associate Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (AssocRICS)
- Member of the Residential Property Surveyors Association
- Member of the Weald and Downland Museum
- Your Surveyor
- Your Independent Property Adviser
- Bespoke Private Client Guidance – for buyers and sellers
- Over 35 years property industry experience