What is a Level 1 Survey?
A Level 1 report focuses purely on the condition of the property by rating the different parts of the building and flagging up any areas that need attention. It is a matter-of-fact assessment of the condition and does not provide any advice.
This report format is recommended when buying conventional houses or bungalows constructed from common building materials, and which appear to be in reasonable condition.
What does a Level 1 Survey Cover?
• a physical inspection of the property
• a description of each part or element so that it can be identified
• a clear and concise assessment of each part or element
• a description of the condition of the part or element
• helps you gain an objective view of the condition of the property
‘We’ve been through the report thoroughly this week and don’t think we have any questions as you have explained everything so well!’
‘I just wanted to thank you for all your help and advice, particularly for taking the time to ring to explain your findings before you had completed your report. All the photos in the report were very helpful.’
Jeremy Richardson – AssocRICS, MRPSA, DRSV, CPEA, BA Hons – BCR Surveyors
Courses & Awards
- BA (Hons) History & Landscape Archaeology
- Understanding Building Conservation – endorsed by English Heritage
- Project Management and Supervision: Historic and Traditional Buildings
- Energy Efficiency Measures for Older and Traditional Buildings
- Repair and Maintenance of Traditional (pre-1919) Buildings
- Understanding Heritage Impact Assessments
- Diploma in Residential Surveying & Valuation
- Member of the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings
- Affiliate Member of the Institute of Historic Building Conservation
- Associate Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (AssocRICS)
- Member of the Residential Property Surveyors Association
- Member of the Weald and Downland Museum
- Your Surveyor
- Your Independent Property Adviser
- Bespoke Private Client Guidance – for buyers and sellers
- Over 35 years property industry experience