What is a Level 2 Survey?
The Level 2 Survey is a full and detailed inspection carried out by a qualified and accredited residential surveyor. It gives a plain English, professional report on the condition of the property using a simple 1, 2, 3 rating guide and photographs amid the text.
You will understand any risks or unforeseen expenditure before you commit to the purchase.
What does a Level 2 Survey Cover?
- Building condition and defects
- Structural movement
- Damp, rot and woodworm
- Heating, water and electrical services
- Matters for your conveyancer to pick up
Your Level 2 Survey offers a comprehensive and easy to follow report about the condition of the property you are purchasing putting you in a stronger position to make the right decisions.
The valuation carried out by your lender is for their purpose only and to satisfy themselves of the security of the loan. It can take as little as 15 to 30 minutes to complete and is not designed to give you much information about the condition of the property.
We look at everything from the top of the roof to the bottom of the drains. Where there are problems we will explain them in jargon-free language.
Our survey reports are laid out clearly and simply, using photographs to help explain points raised, and avoiding those annoying caveats and exclusions wherever we can.
Our report, like our inspection, will be thorough and complete, and our aim is to help you make a clear decision about whether the property is right for you.
BCR provide a range of surveys, all conducted in accordance with RICS and RPSA requirements.
Client feedback from BCR clients:
‘Just coming back to you on this excellent survey. I have forwarded to my solicitor who is similarly impressed, and stated `”your surveyor has done a good bit of my job for me!”… …and thanks once again for an excellent report – really put my mind at ease, and you’re right – it does provide a road map on how to look after the property that will be relevant for a good few years.’
‘Just wanted to follow up to say thank you again! Having read through the report in more detail (more than once :)) this weekend it is very clear and incredibly thorough; as well as highlighting the issues you’ve taught us both a lot about the proper care of a home!’
‘We’ve been through the report thoroughly this week and don’t think we have any questions as you have explained everything so well!’
‘I just wanted to thank you for all your help and advice… all the photos in the report were very helpful.’
Jeremy Richardson – AssocRICS, RICS Registered Valuer, BA Hons, MRPSA, DRSV – BCR Surveyors
Courses & Awards
- RICS Registered Valuer
- Diploma in Residential Surveying & Valuation
- BA (Hons) History & Landscape Archaeology
- Understanding Building Conservation – endorsed by English Heritage
- Project Management and Supervision: Historic and Traditional Buildings
- Energy Efficiency Measures for Older and Traditional Buildings
- Repair and Maintenance of Traditional (pre-1919) Buildings
- Understanding Heritage Impact Assessments
- Member of the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings
- Affiliate Member of the Institute of Historic Building Conservation
- Associate Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (AssocRICS)
- Member of the Residential Property Surveyors Association
- Member of the Weald and Downland Museum
- Your Surveyor
- Your Independent Property Adviser
- Bespoke Private Client Guidance – for buyers and sellers
- 40 years property market experience