What is a Level 2 (Home Condition) Survey?
The Level 2 Survey is a full and detailed inspection carried out by a qualified and accredited residential surveyor. It gives a plain English, professional report on the condition of the property using a simple 1, 2, 3 rating guide and photographs amid the text.
You will understand any risks or unforeseen expenditure before you commit to the purchase.
What does a Home Condition Survey Cover?
- Building condition and defects
- Structural movement
- Damp, rot and woodworm
- Heating, water and electrical services
- Matters for your conveyancer to pick up
Your Level 2 Survey offers a comprehensive and easy to follow report about the condition of the property you are purchasing putting you in a stronger position to make the right decisions and to renegotiate the agreed sale price with the seller.
The valuation carried out by your lender is for their purpose only and to satisfy themselves of the security of the loan. It can take as little as 15 minutes to complete and is not designed to give you much information about the condition of the property.
We look at everything from the top of the roof to the bottom of the drains to give you the reassurance that your money will be safe. Where there are problems we will explain them in jargon-free language and tell you how serious they are.
Our survey reports are laid out clearly and simply, using photographs to explain what is going on, and avoiding those annoying caveats and exclusions wherever we can.
Our report, like our inspection, will be thorough and complete, and our aim is to help you make a clear decision about whether the property is right for you.
‘We’ve been through the report thoroughly this week and don’t think we have any questions as you have explained everything so well!’
‘I just wanted to thank you for all your help and advice, particularly for taking the time to ring to explain your findings before you had completed your report. All the photos in the report were very helpful.’
Jeremy Richardson – AssocRICS, MRPSA, DRSV, CPEA, BA (Hons) – BCR Surveyors
Courses & Awards
- BA (Hons) History & Landscape Archaeology
- Understanding Building Conservation – endorsed by English Heritage
- Project Management and Supervision: Historic and Traditional Buildings
- Energy Efficiency Measures for Older and Traditional Buildings
- Repair and Maintenance of Traditional (pre-1919) Buildings
- Understanding Heritage Impact Assessments
- Diploma in Residential Surveying & Valuation
- Member of the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings
- Affiliate Member of the Institute of Historic Building Conservation
- Associate Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (AssocRICS)
- Member of the Residential Property Surveyors Association
- Member of the Weald and Downland Museum
- Your Surveyor
- Your Independent Property Adviser
- Bespoke Private Client Guidance – for buyers and sellers
- Over 35 years property industry experience